Sometimes leaks can occur in buildings which utilise a single type of cladding, whilst in others it can occur where numerous types of cladding have been called upon in the construction. The main problem associated to when leaking occurs in cladding is that often there is no easily visible defect to which the leak can be attributed. In instances where the leakage is not widespread cladding replacement may provide a solution. This applies to situations where the cladding failure can be isolated to a specific portion of the roof or wall, or where the fault occurs in a single cladding type.
In order to ascertain the validity of cladding replacement as a solution to the defect, a number of factors need to be assessed. These factors include, the way in which cladding has been utilised in the building, the number of cladding types utilised, any and all detail of cladding junctions and in the case of buildings which have more than one storey, the relationship which the upper floors have to those which are beneath. This survey sounds extensive, however a reputable professional will undertake this as the first step of the service they provide to you.
Prior to committing to cladding replacement there are a number of factors which should be considered. These include:
- Whether this methodology is financially viable.
- Whether the problem can be attributed to a single cause or is widespread.
- Whether cladding replacement will solve the water tightness problem which has been highlighted as the cause of the leakage.
There are number of benefits presented by cladding replacement, these include:
- Substantially lower financial overheads are incurred when compared with a complete re-clad or resurface for the roof or wall.
- Once cladding which has failed has been removed as part of the replacement project, any and all underlying damage can easily be observed, enabling it to be rectified before the cladding is replaced.
- Replacing the cladding is less disruptive than other alternatives, this means that the building can continue to be used whilst the work is being undertaken. This is especially beneficial in instances where the replacement is occurring on a commercial building.
- Prevents areas of cladding which are still sound from being needlessly removed.
At CJ Coatings we specialise in the cladding replacement, over our 27 years of operation we have performed this service on a wide variety of buildings. For further information, or to arrange a building survey, a member of our dedicated customer service team can be contacted by calling: 01908 467 990. Alternatively email enquiries can be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.